Sunday, September 30, 2012

Set Fire to the Rain 2, Ch. 18 "Insomnia"


The following is intended for mature readers due to sexual situations.   Feel free to skip this chapter if smut biscuits aren’t to your liking.  Actually, it’s purely romantic about 1200 words into the chapter, so you’d be safe to read until things go south…quite literally.  Smut lovers can carry on until the sweet end…

ljljljljlj

It’s nearly midnight.  I’m lying here in the silver blue moonlight, wide awake and listening to the sound of my own breathing.  That and a lonesome coyote in the distance, who sounds a little bit like I feel.  Guess I’ve been sleeping so much lately that it’s finally caught up with me. 

Matt hasn’t made it back from Cimarron yet.  Maybe that’s another reason I can’t sleep.  Worry for him.  I know I’ve got no call to be anxious.  He’s been taking care of himself for a good long while now.  But I can’t help it.  We’ve been together, day in and day out, through rain and flood and sickness…  It feels unsettling to be separated from him after all this time.  

I didn’t quite know what to do with myself today while he was gone.  I did sleep an awful lot, which is part of my problem now, I suppose.  I read a little more of my aunt’s diary sitting out in the yard with Big Sam at my feet, breathing in the scent of burgeoning earth and fresh, clean country air.  Enjoying the splendor of delicate spring flowers sprouting up in little patches around the bare yard and well-fed, red-breasted robins searching tirelessly for worms in the damp soil. 

And I made Doc very happy indeed when I managed to eat some of Isom’s biscuits and gravy for breakfast and then chicken and dumplings for lunch.  A patient getting plenty of rest and food are two things that please Doc enormously.  I managed to come to the table to eat, too.  I enjoyed listening to Doc and Isom banter like old friends, and, best of all, Isom told me wonderful stories about my aunt and uncle when they lived here together on the ranch. 

I think Solomon and OcĂ©ane must have been very much in love, and my heart aches with missing them, in spite of the fact that I never even knew them.  But it is a very great relief to think that my aunt found such contentment with Solomon after so many years of living in an unhappy home, physically abused and mentally tormented, and then forced to prostitute herself in order to live on her own.  It removes some of the heavy burden on my heart, although Matt continues to reassure me I should not feel responsible for my mother’s and aunt’s unhappiness.  But I think it is only human nature to look back and second-guess ourselves.  How could I have been so blind?  What could I have done to help?  I will always wonder what I could have done differently.

But now I’m tossing and turning in the rumpled bedclothes.  And listening expectantly.  Listening for Matt to return from speaking to Irving Hepley about coming out here and meeting about the will and my uncle’s ranch and what I’m going to do with it all. 

And then I wonder if Matt’s been missing me, too.  Probably not.  Men aren’t so sentimental as women.  He hasn’t given me a second thought, I’m sure.  He’s probably relieved to get away for a while, truth be told.  I sigh resignedly and listen as a noisy mockingbird pierces the quiet with its insistent melody. 

I always find it strange to hear such exuberance in the dead of night, when everything is supposed to be fast asleep.  But the mockingbird sings his song, quite enthusiastically, for anyone who will listen.  I wonder if he’s singing to his mate.  Do mockingbirds mate for life?  No, I think that it’s swans who remain forever devoted to one another.  I read that in a magazine once, and the fact struck me as lovely and hopelessly romantic. 

Suddenly, I hear the doorknob turning.  The hinges give their tiny creak as my bedroom door opens just a crack and the brim of a cowboy hat pokes through.  “Matt!” I whisper across the room as loudly as I dare.  I don’t want to waken Doc.    

The moonlight is so bright, I can see his animated expression as he smiles his infectious smile with those perfect, straight, white teeth.  He looks over his shoulder, then slips through the door, closing it noiselessly behind him.

I sit up and greet him with pure delight I can’t hide.  “I didn’t hear you ride up!”

Matt’s deep voice rumbles even as he whispers, “What are you still doing awake?”  But he appears to be very pleased that I am.  He stands with his back against the door and removes his hat, holding it over his heart. 

“I couldn’t sleep.”  I just look at him standing there in the moonlight, and the sight of him takes my breath away.  He’s so beautiful.  Maybe you aren’t supposed to describe a man as beautiful, but I think he is.  He reminds me of those lovely Greek statues I’ve seen in books, just complete perfection of form.  I love to look at him.  But tonight he’s got that vest on I wish he wouldn’t wear so much.  It hides his flawless wide shoulders that taper down to a narrow waist and then on to a backside that is so round and firm that I have to fight sometimes to keep my hands off it, and it makes me blush as I think about it.  I am glad the light is dim in here and he can’t tell what I’m thinking about.  What would he think of me?

His next words are so quiet I nearly don’t hear them.  “I missed you today.”  My heart gives a little leap and I can’t believe he’s been missing me, too. 

I throw the covers off my legs and scoot over to sit on the other side of the bed, closer to him.  “You did?”  His admission has made me giddy.  I feel like a sixteen-year-old with her first beau.  Not at all like a full grown woman with a shady past.  But I feel like Matt Dillon has changed me.  He’s made me new again.  That’s how I feel anyway.

Matt walks closer and hangs his hat on the bedpost.  He looks down at me and my heart skips a beat.  From this close I can look into his beautiful eyes, usually clear blue, but shining and pale here in the moonbeams reflecting into my bedroom.  His eyelashes are so lush and long, fringing his lovely eyes, and his gaze is so earnest and loving right now, it makes my chest hurt.  He murmurs, “I’ve gotten used to having you around all the time, Kitty.”

I take a deep breath and reach for his hand just a little bit shyly.  “Me too, Cowboy.  I didn’t like it today with you gone.”

With my confession, he leans over me eagerly and captures my lips, ardently kissing me over and over until I can’t breathe, his big hands clutching my shoulders like he is afraid I will escape and run away.  I reluctantly withdraw from his hungry kiss and work my fingers through his enviable mass of dark curls.  “Doc is right in the next room, Matt,” I remind him breathlessly.

Giving a resigned sigh, my sweet cowboy kneels on the floor in front of me.  He places his hands on my thighs and I can feel his heat through my nightgown.  He just gazes quietly at me for a while and then reaches for my braid.  Untying the ribbon that holds it, he threads his fingers through until my hair is loose and flowing over my shoulder.  Scooping up a handful, he strokes the silky tresses over his cheek and lips, then kisses my mouth very softly.

I think, this is what it feels like to have somebody love you, to cherish you.  I don’t believe I’ve ever been cherished by a man in all my born days.  I look into his beautiful eyes and I can see clear down into his heart.  I know that Matt Dillon cherishes me.  Just his eyes tell me that.

I give a shuddering sigh at his touch, and he is looking down at my bare knees where my nightgown had shimmied its way up my legs when I slid across the bed to be closer to him.  He leans over and kisses the soft skin on the inside of my knee, and I shiver in response.  “You smell so good, Kitten,” I hear him whisper hoarsely.  He pushes my nightgown up just a tiny bit higher and he kisses my inner thigh, his tongue darting out wetly.  I gasp as he advances, but I don’t stop him.  I am aching for his touch, like a parched traveler making his way across the desert.  If I don’t feel Matt’s hands on me, I think I will die.

He pushes the filmy material above my waist and slowly leans over and places his lips on the curls of my mound, inhaling deeply, kissing softly.  My breath comes quickly now.  He wraps his hands around my bottom and pulls me forward, to the edge of the bed, and spreads my legs carefully apart.  His sweet, breathtakingly handsome face turns up towards mine and he asks quietly, “Can I kiss you here, Kitty?”

I can barely breathe at this point.  I’ve never let anyone touch me like this.  It sounds funny, I know, me being a working girl like I am, but there are things I won’t do for money with all those awful men who pay me for my services.  And this is one of them.  No one ever touches me like this.  No one ever kisses me here.  Some things are sacred.

But now I’m trembling so and I can feel my bared female flesh throbbing with desire for Matt’s attentions.  I think I want him more than I’ve wanted anything in my entire life.  “Yes…” I whisper and my voice sounds tremulous even to my own ears.  Warmly, lovingly, he kisses me on the lips again, his fingers trailing over my unbound hair, and then his dark head eagerly dips low over my center. 

I gasp aloud as his mouth touches my most intimate flesh and I feel him kissing me over and over, tenderly and reverently.  My eyes widen at the sensation of his soft lips sliding over my aching center, his tongue working its magic on my secret places where no man has been allowed to touch before.  My face flushes scarlet that Matt is seeing me like this, but I don’t care, I don’t, because it feels so, so good.  I’ve never felt anything like this before. 


My breath quickens as he pleasures me, and I can feel his full, sensitive lips humming devotedly against my already dripping folds.  Blood rushes between my legs, and I feel heavy and enflamed.  As I begin to shake, Matt attentively lays me back on the tangled sheets.  Then I can’t believe I’m letting his do this to me, but he spreads me wider so that he can reach every inch of my thrumming sex, every nerve ending, every sweet spot.  I can hide nothing from him. 

I can feel exquisite tension climbing and building inside of me, and Matt places one hand on my mouth gently to quiet my passionate cries.  I can’t help it.  I feel out of control.  I’ve never been so exposed, so vulnerable before.  I am giving myself to this gentle, loving man, utterly and completely. 

I tremble harder and harder, until I can’t hold back any longer.  I think Matt can feel it too, and he clamps his large hand over my mouth as I cry out in complete abandon, my back arching as inner muscles I didn’t know I had contract divinely within me.  My vision blurring, the full moon seems to swell and explode before my eyes.  I feel wetness gushing between my legs and I lay weakly, trembling like a leaf, breathing hard, and I can barely hear him whispering, “My sweet, sweet girl…” as he ardently laps at me with his tongue. 

Tears leak out of the corner of my eyes, dropping heavily onto the mattress below.  My core continues to thrum and shake and pulsate and I can’t move, not for the life of me.  Matt finally kisses his way up my quivering legs and belly.  He kisses my flushed cheek and kisses my burning eyes and asks quietly, “What’s the matter, honey?  Why are you crying?”

My voice comes out softer than a whisper, “I love you so much, Matthew Dillon.  That’s why.”

Affectionately nuzzling my sweat-sheened neck, he strokes his hand low on my belly and lets it rest there, and I know he can feel my body still trembling and my muscles still contracting in response to his passionate kisses between my legs. 

Matt murmurs in my ear, his warm breath gently stirring my hair, “I love you, too, sweetheart.  I love you, too.”

tbc

ljljljljlj

No comments:

Post a Comment