Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Set Fire to the Rain, Ch. 14 "Decisions"


This fic is intended for mature readers due to the vivid depiction of a consensual adult relationship.  The setting is First Season, post-“The Preacher”, screenplay by John Dunkel, story by John Meston, original airdate June 16, 1956. This fanfiction was written with absolutely no regard whatsoever to actual Kansas topography, geography or meteorological activity, equine expertise, proper medical treatment, dream states or pioneer homemaking skills.

ljljljljlj

Happily, Matt had slept like a log for the remainder of the morning while Kitty prepared their rabbit stew over the fire, using vegetables from Rosemary Wills’ pantry. Her heart ached for this woman whose house she now inhabited. She pondered Rosemary’s hopes and dreams for the future, fatally dashed by a lethal fever. It made her speculate once more about her uncle’s ranch and what the value would be now that it had been ravaged by the flood. She anxiously wondered if her own hopes and dreams would be dashed as well. Her eyes lingered for the hundredth time on the handsome man who lay in the bed, slumbering soundly.
The stew was done, but she let Matt be, mentally willing his battered body to repair itself with blissful, healing sleep. Her heart swelled in her chest as she gazed affectionately at his face in repose, so like a little boy’s, innocent and free from strain. She resisted the overwhelming urge to kiss his forehead, now thankfully dry and cool. Instead, she settled with a sigh into the old rocker by the fire and was soon herself fast asleep.
ljljljljlj
She startled awake with the sound of the door closing and turned to see Matt in his grimy union suit, just returned from a necessary visit out back. “Matt, why didn’t you wake me? You shouldn’t have gone by yourself.”
“You looked so peaceful, Kitty. I didn’t want to disturb you. Besides, my head’s feeling much better now. I think I can manage the outhouse by myself,” he said with a sheepish look her way.
She stood before him, arms crossed, nose wrinkling. “Matt, take that nasty thing off and let me wash it. It is filthy enough that it could probably stand by itself and take off walking.”
“Aw, Kitty…” he began, but then at the stern look on her face, he quickly changed his tune. “Okay…” he grudgingly relented.
She politely turned while he stripped off the soiled garment and slipped modestly beneath the covers once more. She circled back around to find him holding it out to her from the bed. “Thank you, Marshal. I will take care of this as soon as you’ve eaten.”
“Food smells good, Kitty. I’m actually feeling a little hungry.”
“Good!” She sat beside him on the bed with a plateful of stew, thinking that he could probably feed himself, but she so enjoyed this intimate time with him that she was reluctant to part with it. “Open wide,” she smiled.
“Mmm…” was his only response as he chewed.
She grinned happily. “You like it?”
“You are a mighty good cook, Miss Russell,” he said with a mouthful of rabbit, his blue eyes sparkling.
A bit of gravy dripped on his chest, and she carefully wiped it with a cloth napkin, then spread the cloth tenderly over his bare chest. “More?”
“Yes, ma’am,” he enthused. “Have you eaten yet?”
“No, I was waiting for you…”
He took the fork from her fingers, scooped up a bite of potato, and held it expectantly to her lips. She gazed at him, then took it in her mouth slowly. “Mmm…” she said with a hint of surprise. “It is good.”
“I told you…”
She smiled as she chewed thoughtfully. “Yes, you did. I guess I should listen to you more often.”
He barked out a laugh, and they ate the rest of the stew companionably until it was all gone. She sighed as she wiped clean his lips and her own with the napkin. “I guess I’ll go wash your clothes now. You stay right here.”
“Kitty, I wouldn’t be able to get very far in this state,” he said with a raised brow and an embarrassed glance downwards.
“No, you’re pretty much my prisoner right now, Marshal, and don’t you forget it,” she smiled coyly, heading outside to the well with the offending dirty clothing in hand.
ljljljljlj
Matt woke to a darkened room, the only sound a whispered oath from his dainty red-headed companion, seated quietly before the fire attempting to comb the stubborn tangles from her snarled hair. His mouth ran dry at the sight of her figure in the gauzy white shift, backlit by the blazing fire. “Come ‘ere, Kitty.” He stiffly sat up in bed and beckoned to her, “Let me help you.”
Starting at his voice, she hesitated for several moments as she contemplated his serious expression, then rose and walked towards him as he patted the bed beside him, his covers slipping to his narrow waist. He took the brush insistently from her hand and smoothed it over the tousled mass of her neglected tresses, eliciting soft, involuntary sounds of pleasure from her parted lips until her hair gleamed in the firelight. He stroked a hand admiringly over his handiwork before laying the brush on the nightstand. Then he slid across the bed, holding the covers aloft expectantly. Kitty swallowed hard and slipped underneath with him, lying on the warm spot he’d just abandoned, her head resting on her elbow as she gazed curiously at his long-lashed, sweet blue eyes.
He took her hand in his and inhaled deeply. “Kitty, I’ve always liked you. A lot.”
Her eyes widened at his admission. “I like you too, Matt.” She looked down, tracing invisible patterns with her finger on the sheet. “A lot.”
He reached out and placed a finger under her chin. “You don’t understand, honey. I mean, I really care about you. I worry about you. It’s not safe, what you do…” He blew out a frustrated breath at his inability to express what he was feeling.
“Matt, you’ve been such a good friend to me. I’ve always thought I might like it, us, to go further…” She glanced away shamefacedly. “But I didn’t think you’d want me.”
“Wouldn’t want you? You are the most beautiful...” He struggled for words, his brow wrinkling in consternation. “…smart, kind… How could I not want you?”
“Because you’re a U.S. Marshal…” she choked out. “And I’m a saloon girl.”
“Kitty, I don’t care what people think. I don’t care that you’re a saloon girl, serving drinks to customers, but…” he left off, not sure of what to say for fear of hurting her. “I don’t want you doing the same sort of work when we get back to Dodge.”
Her face flushed pink at his implication, and she answered under her breath, “I don’t want to do that anymore either, Matt. I hate that part of my life.” Her voice broke and her eyes filled with hot tears. “I just can’t do that anymore…”
“You don’t need that extra money, Kitty. We can repair the damage to your uncle’s ranch. It’s only a day’s ride. I can work on it. Chester will help, too. I know he will.” He brushed away an errant tear that had rolled down her cheek. “You can still sell it, and it might take you longer to raise the rest of the cash…”
She gripped his hand tighter.
His eyes were pleading. “But no more business upstairs, Kitty. No more, you hear me? I…I care about you too much.” His next words rushed out while he still had the courage, “I love you, Kitty Russell.”
A quick, astonished intake of breath and she kissed him soundly on his full lips, wrapping her small body gratefully around his bare form, holding him warmly, closely, sweetly, desperately…hungrily.
“You love me?” Astonishment swallowed her features in the dim room.
“Of course I do. How could you not know that?”
“Why, Matt Dillon, you’ve never even tried to kiss me.”
“Can I kiss you now?”
“I want you to kiss me now, Matt. I want you to kiss me until I can’t breathe. I want you to make love to me.”
“I’ll make love to you, Kitty Russell. Come ‘ere…”
ljljljljlj
Exquisitely smooth, naked skin on sweaty, tangled sheets. Soft, sensual cries of wonder and longing and deferred passion unleashed. Greedy lips and insatiable mouths breathless with rapture—laving and suckling and tasting ripe flesh. Hands ravenous for the feel of the other beneath fingertips, embracing, clutching, exploring. Legs covetously encircling, velvety softness urgently impaling silky hard length, earthy exclamations of devotion and delight. Bewitching, impassioned thrusts in the flickering firelight, succulent breasts heaving, flaming hair tumbling seductively. Sweet, blessed, overwhelming passionate release, satisfying a void too long hollow. Fierce aching, yearning, needing—at long last fulfilled. Two lovers, entwined, exhausted…tenderly joined in heart and flesh forevermore…
End
ljljljljlj

No comments:

Post a Comment